Update from Tuesday:
We got about 1/2 inch of snow late morning Tuesday but higher elevations, where most of our cabins are, got several inches and it’s been cold at night so it’ll hang around.
There’s a possibility of snow Sunday or Monday:
Contrary to the 15-day forecast we looked at several days ago there is now a 30% chance of precipitation this coming Sunday and Monday. It’s currently forecast to be rain on Sunday and snow on Monday. Please keep an eye on weather forecasts for Idyllwild. There is a link on our web site: http://www.quietcreekinn.com/Weather-Road-Conditions.html. Even a little snow can make roads and driveways difficult and the snow and ice could last through the week and then some. Please plan accordingly and bring chains.
If you booked one of the cabins where access is an issue because the road is not county-maintained, check the “Breaking News” link on our web site regularly as your arrival date approaches. Some cabins might be inaccessible. And even those on County maintained and plowed roads could have icy driveways that require parking just off the road, and hiking to the cabin.